Skip to main content

Santa Baby/MiMicItMonday Featuring:GarnerStyle

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...who am I kidding?Today is the first day of Winter and  Christmas is only a few days away and it looks and feels nothing like it. So I had to improvise. Last week I posted that every woman needs a LBD in her closet, now I have a new piece to add to that collection: a tulle skirt! I personally didn't think they would work on me...I made one prior to this and wasn't that fond of it. When I came across this tulle at Walmart I decided to give it another go. What really encouraged me to take another stab at it was my MiMicItMonday guest today GarnerStyle! I started following her earlier this year and she is amazing! The confidence she exudes in every single post and piece is encouraging to curvy girls everywhere. She will definitely make another appearance on MIM. When I saw her holiday look post a couple of weeks ago...I knew it would be perfect for MiMicItMonday. What say you? You guys think Santa may need a Sassy, Classy, Sexy, helper?  



















So as I prepare to celebrate the holidays with my loved ones, I will be back next week with one final post for 2015. I am already thinking of ways to improve the blog and get better. So until next week, remember to cherish the ones that love you and as always in parting,
Keep it Sassy.Classy,Sexy, Period.


                                                                                     



Comments

  1. This look us absolutely adorable Sis... This tulle skirt is definitely a must have... You rocked that. I can't wait to make mine... Thanks for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crushed it ms Claus. .cant wait to see what you cooking up in the lab for nxt year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post Lawana! You look adorable. I love your last photo--so playful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a Survivor!!!!!

I'm a survivor I'm not gon' give up I'm not gon' stop I'm gon' work harder I'm a survivor I'm gonna make it I will survive Keep on survivin'- Destiny's Child (Dress: Tickled Pink stretch denim and camo maxi dress) I am the epitome of "I don't look like what I've been through", Weighing in a 3 lbs 5 ounces and 3 months premature I was born a survivor. My hope for this blog is to be a beacon of light and hope for someone that doesn't think they can make it... YOU CAN!! I am far from where I want to be, but right where I need to be! I've been working really hard over the last few weeks to get this blog off the ground...and what better season than Fall, where the weather and fashion can change like the color of leaves... Photo cred: Mr. B I know you must be thinking "Why now? Why at this time?" Well, I will tell you why, there is a reason why I did indeed pick this particular time and "

Leather & Pearls/Giveaway!!!!

This is a story about Control My Control Control of what I say Control of what I do And this time, I'm gonna do things my way I hope you enjoy this as much as I do Are we ready? I AM Cause it's all about Control and I've got Lots of it! -Janet Jackson A lot easier than said sometimes, when we allow things from our past to control our present and potentially our future you can spiral out of control. So in my case I sew to stay in control and nothing says in control like some leather honey!!! In this dress I felt all the things my blog stands for: Sassy Classy, Sexy, Period. I've had this pattern McCalls 7047 in my stash for quite some time, However when Mimi G did a tutorial for it, of course I had to have my own. I had tons of faux leather in my stash and couldn't wait to tackle it! I opted for no sleeves or peplum (peplums make your bottom look bigger and I don't need any help in that area...LOL) I also loved the train instead of the straight bottom.

Open Letter to Mimi Goodwin & #MiMicItMonday

So on the beginning of my first week of blogging, I decided to pen an open letter to my mentor Mimi Goodwin... Dear Mimi, I had no idea that when I bought my sewing machine in 2011 what exactly I was gonna do with it, (that machine would go on to sit in the box for almost 2 years). In early July 2013, I discovered your blog on a friend's Facebook page, little did I know that this one click would change my life forever! I was headed toward a transition that I didn't see coming, my wedding engagement was coming to an end and it devastated me and  I felt lost. I knew I needed something to take my mind off of the pain I was feeling. I was headed in a downward spiral and no one knew it but me, and you Mimi Goodwin saved me from myself. So after I tried and SUCCESSFULLY completed 3 of your tutorials on the first try, I knew I had found my therapy. You were and still are always so kind, answering inbox questions without hesitation, offering help whenever I asked. You will never